Car transport costs ~$1 per mile for 1-500 miles. So, a 350 mile trip would cost $350. The longer the distance, the lower the price: moving a car ~1000 miles drops it to $.75 cents a mile, or $750. Coast-to-coast auto transport can be as little as $.40 cents per mile.
|Distance||Base Price Per mile||Sample Distance||Sample Price|
|1-500 Miles||$1.00||350 miles||$350|
|More than 500 miles||$0.75||1000 miles||$750|
|More than 1,000 miles||$0.60||1,500 miles||$900|
|More than 2,000 miles||$0.50||2,100 miles||$1,050|
|More than 2,500 miles||$0.40||3,000 miles||$1,200|
In addition to distance (miles), the cost to ship a car is also influenced by the following 6 factors:
- Vehicle Size & Modifications
- Open Trailer vs. Enclosed Truck
Enclosed auto transport typically costs 40-60% more than open-carrier.
- Speed: Standard or Express
Express car shipping is usually about 30% more than standard delivery.
- Route: proximity to major highways
- Condition of Vehicle: running, or inoperable
Inoperable vehicles are $150 additional.
- Season / Weather.
Peak seasons include the couple of weeks before and after: ● Christmas-New Year ● Thanksgiving ● Memorial Day ● July 4th ● Labor Day ● "Snowbird season" ● College semesters.
Our Quick Quote system optimizes all 7 factors for the best value to fit most budgets.
We offer a discount for:
- Shipping 2 or more vehicles
- Return trip for the same vehicle
- Active military service members
- Enrolled college students